Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Deep Space Nine

I've gotta be honest. I was not a Star Trek fan until Voyager was off the air. Luckily, my stepfather purchased (over the course of two or three years) all of TNG and Voyager. I watched it all, enjoying everything quite a lot. I've become a big Star Trek fanboy.

The one series I had never watched at all, though, was Deep Space Nine. I'd always heard most Star Trek fans bashing it, and my stepfather wouldn't even buy it. So, a while back I opted to buy the Chinese release off of eBay, but I got screwed over by a Shanghainese scam artist who took my money and never sent me my DS9. It took a good deal of time getting pissed off at eBay to learn that they wouldn't get me my money back. Visa, however, was much more accommodating and got me all the money back, with no $20 fee like eBay has.

In the end, I acquired the whole series elsewhere *cough*torr*cough*ents*cough* and have been watching like a demon. Quite a lot of fun. I am enjoying it much more than I expected to.

I like the characters, I like the way it's grittier than the polished, clean-cut TNG. While Voyager toed the line, DS9 has a much rawer sort of feel. I'm quite happy with it. Though it will never hold as special a place in my heart as good ol' TNG.

:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yaaay! I'm not the only one who kinda liked DS9. I didn't start watching it from the beginning, just some here and there, while my brother watched it religiously...but I later got into it more. Especially at the end of season 5.

most excellent :D
-Rox

10:34 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's kinda funny. The one trekkie friend I have says DS9 is his favorite. Myself, I think it's better than Voyager, but *nothing* beats Jean Luc!

3:05 a.m.  
Blogger Caitlin said...

DS9's definitely the best...
though I haven't watched any star trek since I was little, so I'm probably not the best source!

10:02 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa! I didn't know you started blogging again, wee!

I was one of those people who didn't like DS9, but, I was also one of those rare people who loved Enterprise. Go figure.
Anyways, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA 4EVER!

2:19 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that was me that just posted, BTW.

-FiG

2:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home