Sunday, April 24, 2005

I have a blog?

Well, so it's been a while since I last blogged. 'Bout time I did. So my new obsession has been the purchase of a sexy new Powerbook. They're fun little guys that really have more or less what I would like in a computer for a lower price... Namely:
  1. Motion Sensors detect sudden changes in movement, locking the hard drive heads to prevent damage if it is dropped.
  2. It's a powerful computer with a 15" screen, but it still weighs only 5.6 lbs.
  3. OS X Tiger turns me on -- Spotlight lets you find anything on your computer in seconds, even searching within files (PDFs included!), it has awesome international support, and Bonjour is just brilliant, allowing two computers to connect just by being next to each other.
  4. It's quite nice to look at.
  5. Nice integration of hardware and software -- the OS is created by the same people that make the computer, so there are no worries about optimisation and stuff, since it's all built for the PowerPC processor.
Besides, they're quite common in the Biology world, so it's a smart idea to learn to use them properly. And now the wait begins... I bought it this morning. :D Now Reading : Switching to the Mac: The Missing Manual - David Pogue Now Playing : The Big Band of Rogues - Theme of the Dolphic Town (Super Mario Sunshine)

:

Post a Comment

<< Home